Miter Saws are mostly used to execute angled cuts on Wood or metal. There are many types of Miter Saw available in the market. We’ll discuss the types of Miter saws later. It can be taken for personal as well as professional use.
The working of this type of saw is quite different so if you’re a newbie then make sure that you have proper knowledge about the execution of this saw. In this discussion, we’re going to discuss the whole procedure to use Miter saw. So, if you want to learn How to use Miter saw then just stick to this article.
How to use a Miter Saw?
To learn the use of Miter saw properly, we must have the proper knowledge about the types of Miter Saw. This fact matters because every type of miter saw is specialized in a specified cut. So, it is very important to learn about the types of Miter saw so that you can choose your ideal saw for your work. All the types of saw and their cuts are listed below:
- Miter saw: Miter saw is a type of saw which is used to make angled cuts across the face, and width of aboard.
- Bevel Saw: It is a type of Miter saw which places the cuts (angled) through the thickness of the board.
- Compound miter saw: Compound Miter saw can make both types of cuts whether it is a miter saw cut or a Bevel saw cut. It attains an adjustable mechanism that can be swing accordingly.
Some types of miter saw also attach sliding arms which is very helpful to extend the blade.
Now, we have the proper knowledge about the types of miter saws and their specifications. It’s time to discuss the procedure of How to cut with a miter gauge?
How to cut with miter saw?
To make cuts on a material with a miter saw is quite easy. If you’re a beginner and you don’t know how to make cuts with Miter saw then see the steps which are listed below:
- Firstly, connect the miter saw to the power supply and turn on the power supply.
- Now, measure and mark the line where we want the cut. You can easily mark you’re required cut with the help of a pencil/sketch.
- Place the saw under the blade of the miter saw. Now, lose the handle of the Miter saw.
- Place the handle on the required place to get the desired angle and tighten the handle of the miter saw.
- Make the wood place adjustment. If your board is wider then make sure to have the required support on it.
- Hold the handle with the help of your hand and place your other hand on the board. Make sure that the board will properly stable.
- Press the trigger of the miter saw. Wait until the blade of the Miter saw will gain maximum speed.
- Now, pull down the miter saw slowly and touch the blade with the wood. Make sure, not to force the blade because it can be a kickback. Pull the saw slowly and make the saw do its work.
- Cut and once the cut is placed then release the trigger. Wait for a minute until the blade stops rotating.
After completing the above steps, your cut with a miter saw is completed. So, here we saw that cutting with a miter saw is easy. Before making the cut or using the saw, it is very important that you took care of all the safety measures which are required.
These safety measures kind are strictly followed to avoid any kinds of causality while using the Miter saw.
After learning the safety measures to use a miter saw and making the cut with a table saw, it’s time to discuss how you can make a bevel cut with a miter saw?
How to make Bevel cut with miter saw?
To make a successful bevel cut you must have the proper knowledge about the procedure. So, follow the steps to know How to make Bevel Cut with Miter Saw?
Standard Miter saw
- While using a standard Miter saw, place the wood (Marked) on the Miter Saw. Make sure that you’re placing it on its edge.
- Now, it’s time to adjust the gauge on the front to place the correct angle. Make sure that the blade is placed on the correct angle and marked the place of the wood.
- Now, clamp and brace the board.
- It’s time to start the miter saw and place the blade in the wood to make the successful cut.
This is the procedure of making a bevel cut with the miter saw. Also, check out How to use a Table Saw (Step By Step Guide)
Compound miter saw
If you’re using a compound miter saw then follow the process listed below:-
- Firstly, place the marked board face-up or flat.
- Now, adjust the bevel gauge of the miter saw and place it on the board with making the correct angle.
- You can also make some additional adjustments accordingly. Now, place the board on the miter gauge and start the miter saw.
- Make a successful bevel cut and release the handle when the blade of the miter saw stop rotating.
By following these steps you can easily place a successful bevel cut with a compound miter saw. Also, check out Best Chop Saws Reviews & Buying Guide
Other important things you should know?
After discussing all the important procedures to use a miter saw, we exactly learn the basics and procedure of using a Miter saw. Well, there are some other important points also which is important to consider and every beginner should have the knowledge of them.
- You can also lock the miter saw by using a pin. A hole is available in every miter saw. So, to stop being engaging the Saw with the bread you may place a pin.
- To arrange the miter saw for getting the perfect angle you have to unlock it. The miter saw will unlock losing the knob and depression the locking level.
- The up and down motion of the handle is also secured with a pin. This pin is located on the top of the tool’s arm.
- If your miter saw attains sliding arm then don’t try to move it forward and backward.
So, always consider these points to get the successful and safe cuts with Miter saw.
So, here we discussed the whole procedure of how to use a miter saw. If you’re a beginner then this discussion will be very beneficial for you. At last, I’ll remind you to taken care of all safety measures before using a miter saw.